On this week’s Christian Peace Witness (CPW) conference call, we talked about a number of issues of interest to those concerned about peace and justice. Here briefly are just some of the topics discussed:
1) In many of our denominations there is a disconnect between members of the various peace fellowships and the clergy who work as chaplains in the armed forces. How can we facilitate dialogue between these individuals and perspectives?
2) CPW has the capacity to network people to develop quality curricula that others could use. Who has ideas and/or syllabi that could contribute to this project?
3) National Day of Prayer for Peace (NDPP) — Sept. 21
- IDP – http://www.internationaldayofpeace.org/
4) Peace Among the Peoples — July 28-31, 2010
- Elkhart, IN
- It would be great to see other Adventists at this event. Let me know if you’ll be attending.
5) Our Journey to Smile
- Current tour of the US by some representatives — http://contagiousloveexperiment.wordpress.com/2010/06/04/day-1-the-peoples-journey-begins-where-the-contagious-love-experiment-left-off/
How can you, your church or your school get involved in these discussions and events? Read through the websites, pray, and discern what is best for you and your situation. And leave comments below to converse with others.