Since I didn’t post a “Week’s Links” this Friday, I’ll quickly highlight five articles addressing Martin Luther King Jr and the March on Washington (and then head to church).
- Why Jesus Was Killed: A Sermon (Burdette, Interlocutors)
- “Tell ‘Em About the Dream” (Knott, Adv Review)
- Fifty Years Later: A Revolution Betrayed? (Yi Shen Ma, Interlocutors)
- Remembering the March: Thoughts on the Obama Plantation (Matt Burdette, Interlocutors)
- Adventists Remember the 1963 March on Washington, Martin Luther King and the Impact on the Church (Adv Today)
BONUS: On Facebook the Adventist News Network shared the following:
Oakwood University School of Religion Dean Dr. Mervyn A. Warren still has his autographed program from the night Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. spoke at the Oakwood College gym on March 19, 1962. King beta-tested his “I Have A Dream” speech at the Adventist institution 17 months before delivering it at the 1963 March on Washington.
To see a video and hear a clip, visit:http://www.oakwood.edu/news/news-archives/259-2012-news/1563-ou-professor-remembers-martin-luther-king-jr